Union Home Secretary Ajay Bhalla wrote to the chief secretaries of all states May 11, 2020, urging them to counsel and look after migrant workers on the road or walking by railway tracks and put them on Shramik trains.
- India lost 2,206 to the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) by May 11, 2020, according to the Union health ministry.
- India’s tally of of cases positive to the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) reached 67,152.
- Among them, 44,029 were active cases.
- Until now, 20,916 patients have been cured / discharged.
- The tally was slightly higher — at 67,161 total cases by May 10 night — according to private aggregator Covid19india.org.
- It counted 4,296 new cases. That would be the first time India recorded more than 4,000 new cases.
- A little less than half the new cases were in Maharashtra; around half of those were in Mumbai.
- The Centre’s Aarogya Setu mobile application have registered 100 million users, the Times of India daily reported.
- India’s fuel consumption dipped 46 per cent in April, Press Trust of India reported May 10.
- The global tally was at 4,180,315, according to aggregator Worldometers.info.
- The death toll for the world was at 283,860.
- Until now, 1,493,252 patients have recovered.
- The number of active cases across the world were at 2,403,203.
- The proportion of serious / critical among them remained at 2 per cent.
- The United States death toll crossed 80,000.
- The United Kingdom and Italy have both crossed 30,000.
- Spain and France have crossed 26,000 each.
- Brazil became the first non-developed country to cross 10,000 deaths.
We are a voice to you; you have been a support to us. Together we build journalism that is independent, credible and fearless. You can further help us by making a donation. This will mean a lot for our ability to bring you news, perspectives and analysis from the ground so that we can make change together.
India Environment Portal Resources :