Cereals, pulses, oilseeds, potatoes and tomatoes will be off the essential commodities list, said Union finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman May 15, 2020.
- Rs 1 lakh crore for aggregators, FPOs, agri societies, etc.
- Rs 10,000 cr fund for micro food enterprises.
- Rs 20,000 cr fund for fisheries.
- 100 per cent vaccination of cattle to eradicate foot-and-mouth disease.
- Rs 15,000 cr fund for animal husbandry.
- Rs 4,000 cr for herbal cultivation.
- Rs 500 cr for bee keeping.
- There will a new scheme for 2 per cent interest subvention for dairy cooperatives.
- Prompt payments will attract a subvention of an additional 2 per cent.
- For the first time, India’s count of active cases postivie to the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) crossed the 50,000 mark. It was at 51,401 on May 15 morning, according to the Union health ministry.
- India’s death toll was at 2,649.
- Until now, 27,919 patients have been cured / discharged.
- The total case tally was 81,970.
- The world has lost 303,372 lives due in the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic (as of May 15 morning), according to private aggregator Worldometers.info.
- The global tally of cases positive to the SATS-CoV-2 virus was at 4,525,420.
- Among them, 2,518,240 were active cases.
- The proportion of patients ‘serious’ or ‘critical’ remained at 2 per cent.
We are a voice to you; you have been a support to us. Together we build journalism that is independent, credible and fearless. You can further help us by making a donation. This will mean a lot for our ability to bring you news, perspectives and analysis from the ground so that we can make change together.