Doctors at Ahmedabad private hospital claim 54-year-old woman has retested positive for COVID-19
A report in the Pune Mirror has claimed that India might have recorded its first novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) case. Doctors at a private hospital in Isanpur in Ahmedabad had claimed on August 25, 2020, that a 54-year-old woman, who had tested positive in April, had again tested positive through RT-PCR on August 23.
- Earlier, a case had been reported in Delhi of a police personnel testing positive after being treated once.
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has said that testing for COVID-19 will be doubled as cases in the state rise again, according to a report in the Hindustan Times.
- SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, can be inactivated by regular use of mouthwashes, according to a study published by a team of German scientists in the Journal of Infectious Diseases and reported in Moneycontrol.com. High viral loads can be detected in the oral cavity and throat of some COVID-19 patients, the study claims.
- Social distancing norms were openly flouted by members of the public on August 25 in a Patna market, according to a report in DNA. This, even as the total number of COVID cases in Bihar has reached 1,24,827.
- Current Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar and former Chief Minister of Assam, Tarun Gogoi have tested positive for COVID-19, according to media reports.
- The US Food and Drug Administration has issued an emergency use authorisation for investigational convalescent plasma for the treatment of COVID-19 in hospitalised patients.
- The total number of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in India is now 3,234,474, according to the latest figures available with the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at 2.30 pm on August 26, 2020.
- There were 70,7267 active cases, with an increase of 2,919 cases on August 26. The number of discharged cases was 2,467,758, with 63,173 people being discharged.
- A total of 1,059 deaths have taken place in the last 24 hours, with the total number of deaths standing at 59,449.
- According to independent tracker, Covid19India, India had 3,239,096 confirmed cases on August 26.
- The total number of active cases was 710,195. The number of recoveries was 24,68,688. There were 59,645 deaths.
- The total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases globally on August 26 was 24,083,486, according to Worldometers.
- The total number of deaths were 823,917. There were 16,626,441 recoveries. Currently, 6,633,128 people are infected with COVID-19 globally.
- The United States still leads the world with the most number of cases. Some 5,956,036 cases have been registered in the US so far. There were 308 new cases on August 26. The total deaths were 182,412, with eight deaths being reported on August 26.
- There were 3,254,739 recoveries, 2,518,885 active cases and 16,468 critical cases.
- The US was followed by Brazil. There were a total 3,674,176 cases in the country, with 116,666 deaths. The number of recoveries was 2,848,395, while the number of active cases was 709,115. Critical cases numbered 8,318.
- India was in third place according to Worldometers, with 3,239,096 confirmed cases, 7,342 of them being new ones. There have been 59,645 deaths, with 33 new deaths.
- The total number of recoveries was 2,468,688. There were 710,763 active cases and 8,944 critical cases.
We are a voice to you; you have been a support to us. Together we build journalism that is independent, credible and fearless. You can further help us by making a donation. This will mean a lot for our ability to bring you news, perspectives and analysis from the ground so that we can make change together.