Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath, Delhi transport minister Kailash Gehlot test positive for virus
India registered 184,372 cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and 1,027 deaths as on April 14, 2021 — the highest recorded since the beginning of the pandemic — according to the Union health ministry data.
- The Union education ministry cancelled board exams for Class X and postponed those for class XII. At a high-level meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the ministry said: “The results of Class 10 will be prepared on the basis of an objective criterion to be developed by the Board. Candidates not satisfied with the marks allocated to him / her on this basis will be given an opportunity to sit in an exam as and when the conditions are conducive to hold the exams.”
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath tested positive for novel coronavirus April 14, 2021. Delhi transport minister Kailash Gehlot also tested positive for the virus.
- Ten states, including Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka and Kerala, have shown a steep rise in daily new COVID-19 cases, accounting for 82.04 per cent of the fresh infections being reported in a day, the Union Health Ministry said April 14.
- Maharashtra, the worst-affected state in India, announced Section 144 for 15 days in the state with only essential services between 7 am and 8 pm. The government said all establishments will be closed, except for essential services.
- Public transport is allowed for essential workers, and for the general public in cases of emergency or essential activities in the state.
- National capital Delhi recorded 13,468 new cases of COVID-19 taking, taking the total number of infections to 750,156. The active caseload is at 43,510. As many as 11,436 people have died of the disease so far.
- The number of active cases in the city has gone up by 33,000 in the last two weeks, Indian Express reported.
- West Bengal recorded the highest single-day spike of 4,817 COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours, pushing the tally to 6,24,224, the state health department said.
- Uttarakhand added 1,925 cases of COVID-19 in the last 24 hours and 13 deaths, the Union health ministry reported. The surge is being witnessed as Kumbh Mela is underway.
- On April 12, more than 3.1 million took the first Shahi Snan (royal bath) in the Ganga; on April 14, the same number is expected to reach the Ganga bath.
- The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the US Food and Drug Administration April 13 recommended the United States pause the use of Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine following reports of several cases of a “rare and severe” type of blood clot.
- The country has reported only six such cases after 6 million doses of the vaccine, according to CNN.
We are a voice to you; you have been a support to us. Together we build journalism that is independent, credible and fearless. You can further help us by making a donation. This will mean a lot for our ability to bring you news, perspectives and analysis from the ground so that we can make change together.