South Korea's Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) may be “reactivating” in partients who have been cured of the ensuing illness (COVID-19), according to reports in the international media including Bloomberg.com.
- New personal protective equimpent supply has started: Union health ministry.
- Proportion of samples being tested turning positive have remained in a constant range: Indian Council of Medical Research.
- The Naveen Patnaik government April 9, 2020 extended the ongoing lockdown in Odisha by a fortnight to April 30. The first state administration to do so, it urged the union government to do the same.
- Indian Railways has earmarked health resources, including workers and hospitals to fight COVID-19: Union health minitry.
- India had 5,734 cases positive to the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2), according to the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- The death was at 166.
- Maharashtra continued at the top of the table with 1,135 cases and 72 deaths.
- New Delhi's Bengali Market area was sealed after dozens of workers were found huddled together atop a shop, news channel NDTV reported.
- Delhi April 8 declared 20 areas as hotspots for the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
- Worldover, there were 1.5 million cases, according to aggregator Worldometer.
- The global death toll was at nearly 89,500.
- The proportion of active cases reduced a little to 4 percentage points.
- The United States continued to top the chart with 435,160 cases.
- Italy has the biggest toll at 17,669.
We are a voice to you; you have been a support to us. Together we build journalism that is independent, credible and fearless. You can further help us by making a donation. This will mean a lot for our ability to bring you news, perspectives and analysis from the ground so that we can make change together.