‘Indian vegetarians do not eat vegetables’
Food historian and physician Manoshi Bhattacharya explains how the diet of Indians have changed over centuries
‘Crash’ diets are potential health hazards: experts
‘Crash’ diets often prescribed for quick weight loss are usually unbalanced and lead to health issues that can be dangerous in the …
Research on liver likely to help understand deadly metabolic diseases
About 90 per cent of gluconeogenesis occurs in the liver while the other 10 per cent occurs in the kidneys and the gut
Bacterial study gives fresh insights on diabetes and fibrosis
The results offer a better understanding of how carbohydrates are taken into cells
Good or bad? When it comes to food, it’s not that simple
Our ideas about the relationship of food with health and medicine are increasingly shaped by modern science.
Junk food monster: Take a look inside what you eat
From chips to fries, noodles to pizzas, CSE laboratory tested 33 products — 14 packaged foods and 19 fast foods — for salt, fat, …
What makes your snack more appetising?
A recent study used food items with nutrients similar to those in potato chips to find out what encourages snacking